Water, bakers flour, BARLEYmax grains, gluten (dry), yeast, vinegar, iodised salt, mineral salt (516), emulsifier (481), enzyme (amylase)
Contains: wheat, gluten
May contain: sesame seeds
- Contains twice the amount of fibre compared to other grains
- High in beta-glucan a type of soluble fibre
- Barleymaxä contains 70% more beta-glucan compared to other grains including oats
- Barleymaxä contains 4 times the level of resistant starch compared to most other grains (see protein bread for benefits of resistant starch)
- Is Low Glycaemic Index – meaning it is slowly absorbed into the bloodstream
- Barleymaxä may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
1 serve contains 1.2g ß-glucan
- At least 3g per of ß-glucan per day helps reduce LDL cholesterol
- ß-glucans are a soluble fibre that bind to cholesterol
Servings per loaf: 7.5
Serving size: 90g
At Alpine breads, we believe the best way to nourish your body is with natural whole grain fresh foods. We have been producing whole grain baked products since the early 1930s.
When it comes to protecting your heart, our new range of Alpine Heart breads is the best choice to deliver on our whole grain offering. The first of its kind in Australia, the Heart Fibre and Heart Wholemeal help to lower cholesterol reabsorption, and keep your heart healthy*.
Our Heart bread range can help to lower cholesterol re-absorption as part of a healthy diet low in saturated fat. 3g of beta-glucan each day is required to help lower cholesterol re-absorption.
Our innovative heart breads are made with BARLEYmaxTM, a superior whole grain that is high in beta glucan; a soluble fibre that is proven to reduce the amount of dietary cholesterol that your body absorbs. When cholesterol enters your digestive system (from food you eat or from bile in your liver), some of it is re-absorbed into your bloodstream.
Beta-glucan, a soluble fibre that is found in BARLEYmaxTM, dissolves in the digestive tract to form a gel that binds to cholesterol. The gel and the cholesterol are then excreted as part of the body’s waste rather than being reabsorbed, thereby helping to lower cholesterol re-absorption. Every serve of Alpine Heart Fibre and Heart Wholemeal provides a minimum of 1g of beta-glucan.
Beta glucan can be found in all cereal whole grains, but one of the best sources is from BARLEYmaxTM, which is a natural whole grain that contains 70% more beta-glucan compared to other whole grains such as oats.
Here at Alpine, we have developed our unique range of Heart breads using BARLEYmaxTM, which has a unique blend of different types of fibre that delivers on our all natural whole grain promise. For more information about whole grain BARLEYmaxTM, visit thehealthygrain.com
- Average Quantity per serving
- Average Quantity per 100gr
- fat total
- Less than 0.1g
- Less than 0.1g
- dietary fibre total